Launched in 2013, Birdee is an online magazine that encourages young women to have a good rant and rave about the social issues that matter most.
Topics up for discussion include mental health, body image, sexuality and pop culture. It’s important stuff, tackled with copious intelligence and wit.
After an extensive and enjoyable browsing session, I’ve narrowed down the best of what’s on offer at Birdee from a mental health perspective:
- Bruises, Blood Noses and Shame: My Story of Abuse – by Chanelle Leslie
- Take More Than One Fig From The Tree: Stop freaking out about your career! – by Erin Stewart
- Beauty From Within – with Clare Stem
- A is for Anxiety: Turning Anxiety into Art – by Laura Repetti
- “I’m a total fraud”: Emma Watson struggles with Imposter Syndrome, but she’s not alone – by editorial
- Self-Harm is not a Fashion Trend – by editorial
- Your Brain After a 20 Minute Walk – by editorial
- You Are Not a Sketch: Powerful new anti-anorexia campaign – by editorial
And if you’re not a young woman… read it all anyway!
There are great messages here for anyone who’s keen to create a life worth living.